Tuesday 14 December 2010

14th December 2010

I can see by the countdown clock in the corner of my Blog that I will be going to Everest Base Camp in 100 days (and 12 hours) how scary is that?

It hasn't been easy over the last month or so trying to remain focused on what I am trying to achieve. Trying to run a business, run a home and yet raise this enormous amount of money for something that is going to happen at some point next year. Priorities are a nightmare. Christmas is happening very soon, VAT returns are due this month, bills need to be paid ASAP and my daughter needs a new coat, has to have her college bus pass updated and also needs to arrange a sleepover for 8 friends by yesterday!

And yet this morning I received a story from a lady who was entering the Personal Challenges Competition. I knew why I had started the competition, I knew what I was trying to achieve, but everyday everything else has taken precedence. I stopped, I printed out her email and then I cried (am a bit of an emotional mess at the moment, you will have to excuse me).

I won't ruin it for you, but this lady has been through so much, has lost friends and family along the way and yes this lady is an inspirational woman.

This is the reason I am climbing to Everest Base Camp, the reason why I am running in the rain, snow, wind and ice, the reason why I am standing freezing on a street corner wearing, lets be honest, a rather unbecoming green fleece and shaking a Macmillan tin, this lady and everyone like her - this is why I am taking on this Challenge.

Thank you Teresa, you have made me stop and think and you have made me renew my enthusiasm for what I am trying to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment