Monday 21 February 2011

12th February 2011

Well after a massive break from training (10 weeks) I have managed a run - not too far, just 4km, but a start.

We were driving back into the village, the sun was out and the wind had dropped and I just said to Mark - why don't we go for a run? A bit of an ask as the England rugby game was just about to start and he is a huge fan. But supportive as ever we got home, got changed (Mark set the Sky Box) and off we went.

As you all know by now the round the village route is not my favourite - heartbreak hill is quite literally that, and I was beginning to regret my impulsiveness, but when you are out in public, in sports kit and everything you have no option but to start to run.

It hurt, it hurt a lot and I couldn't believe just how much fitness I had lost. It felt OK for approximately 2 minutes, and then it didn't. I started talking to myself at the start of the hill, and just kept on muttering and jogging up the hill, things like - I have run this before, if I don't do this today I will have to come back and do it at some point and I hate this flippin hill!!

Mark was brilliant as ever, I swear he could have walked faster, but he didn't leave me, just tried to make me laugh and sung very badly, but I eventually managed the 4km.

I am too embarrassed to put my time, but I arrived home in one piece. I felt sick and sounded as though I had just smoked 40 cigarettes, but nevertheless I had done it - I am back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment