Thursday 24 March 2011

24th March 2011

Time flys when you are working away, but this has been a really difficult week.

The wonderful people that I was going to Base Camp with are packing ( and repacking) their bags as I type. They depart tomorrow, all set for their Challenge of a Lifetime. I so wish I was going with them and I wish them all the luck in the world. These brave people have raised literally thousands of pounds for a cause which is close to their hearts - good luck boys and girls, and take good care.

I can't wait to hear about their adventures when they get back, and hopefully they will have some useful hints and tips for do's and dont's (do pack a range of colourful lipsticks, don't forget your hairdryer, that kind of thing).

Anyway, not disheartened I have been making steady progress in organising the Easter Fair at the Metropole Hotel in Padstow on 23rd April. It is bigger than the Christmas Fair and, should the weather be kind, it really will be a great day out.

I will be listing the businesses that are taking part in the Fair on the Events page. If you are interested in taking a stall then please contact me as soon as possible as spaces are now becoming limited.

The very kind people at the Metropole are also giving me a voucher for a nights dinner, bed and breakfast at the hotel for 2 - aren't they just the best. The Metropole is very dear to my heart as Mark and I held our wedding reception there. I will put the Raffle on the Competitions page as soon as I can.

That's about all for now - the training isn't going anywhere really at the moment, but the weather is getting better and I have some new trainers. I will be back on the Camel Trail soon, and I am really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment