Tuesday 30 November 2010

30th November 2010

Good grief, it's cold out there, and I should know, running in -3 with a -7 wind chill going on is not a fun experience. Read about my latest run on my Training Page. But just to let you now I think I must be in plus calorie mode, I run for 3 miles and burn off about 350 calories, I come home, build a fire and have a hot chocolate with chocolate sprinkles, a chocolate flake and a bit more chocolate - 500 calories, I think so. So all that effort, freezing my decreasing bottom off just to add to it again (please don't tell my personal trainer).

I have been busy emailing out to various companies about my Blog, trying to gain some interest and so far it has been working. My daughter thinks I am being just a little bit too geeky when I ring her just to tell her my hit stats - she thinks I am becoming a little obsessed - well yes maybe I am, but when you have 9 hits at the start of your Blog and then 40 a day after about a month then that is very exciting, to me anyway.

I now feature on the following websites for my Personal Challenges Competition:

www.writersreign.co.uk
www.oneofus.co.uk
www.theprizefinder.co.uk

Progress indeed!

I am starting to get some kit together for the Expedition. A quick trip to Nevi Sport on Saturday resulted in a North Face t shirt (base layer!) and a North Face technical long sleeved layer. I did try on various hats but unfortunately I am not a hat person, too much Marge Simpson style hair - what am I going to do?

I have also just purchased a fantastic book - Trekking in the Everest Region by Jamie McGuiness, a fantastic read full of sensible advice for the journey.

Sponsorship is slowly increasing, but I am getting seriously concerned about reaching my target. I have submitted various press releases and written to lots of companies for corporate sponsorship. I am hoping that the Christmas Fair (22nd December, Wadebridge Town Hall) will be a great fund raiser, but I am envisaging spending the next few weekends standing on freezing street corners shaking my tin - if I have to then obviously I will, but not the ideal way to spend a December Saturday!!

Anyway, I need to get back to checking my stats, more from me in the next few days x

No comments:

Post a Comment